I love to dance and my mental health loves me to dance even more! Here's the reasons why dancing helps me stay in the best frame of mind and lifts my mood when I feel low...
2) Music Fuels My Soul- I love music. I like to sing along while I dance and become a character. When I'm dancing I can be whoever I want to be and step back from reality.
3) Express Yourself- I choreograph my routines as well as taking inspiration from the pro's. This creativity brings a sense of interest and feels as though you have accomplished something unique.
4) Me Time- studio time is my time. I don't think of anything else except what I'm doing. I don't look at my phone. I just dance because it's what I want to do! I see it as a treat.
5) Shoot and Score- I set myself goals, at the moment I'm practising a routine for my next burlesque show as well as exploring new routines for myself. Goals give us something to aim for and a sense of importance. They help us move forward in our own personal journey.
6) Daydream Diva- I can loose myself in the moment. I can be any character, have any personality, use any movements, choose any style. I coined myself the phrase "dance like they're all watching." I imagine myself on that stage and dance like there's a million eyes watching me. It helps bring back the amazing feeling I get when I perform.
7) Self Improvement- by improving we give ourselves a sense of achievement and purpose. I can use this time to learn new skills, practise what I already know and build on my ideas. When I see improvement I feel accomplishment and this boosts self-esteem.
I'd love to hear from the dancers out there, whether you're a performer, dance floor legend or someone who dances around your bedroom, how does dancing make you feel? If you don't dance but have another passion that makes you feel amazing please let me know in the comments below.