Translate

Friday, October 09, 2026

Call Me

Today was my first phone call with the mental health nurse at my GPs. It was a quick drop in to see how I am, how the medications going and to look at my everyday life and see where we can add in some healing practices and minimise stress. He made some very good points...

- doing things for others can boost our own wellbeing

- getting outside is so beneficial to our health

- light exercise is perfect such as yoga for boosting confidence and energy levels 

These things I know but it was so refreshing to have a professional look at the holistic approach to mental health and my life style as a whole picture. Yes medication for some people is fantastic and yes some people's life in general is very stressful but there is so much more out there that can just give us that chance of getting through the tough times and getting back on track.

He did also mention that he'd read my history and seen that whenever I have accessed talking therapies they have given me a more basic course of CBT and there are more intense courses that I could access. This gives me another option to look at. So overall a refreshing conversation and a good start to the day.

I don't think my old GP surgery had a designated mental health nurse and didn't know about it here until the GP I saw mentioned it. They did say I could have my reviews from the GP or the mental health nurse. Again this is a fantastic service to offer and a choice for patients. Maybe your GP surgery offers this too and he did say I can request a phone call with him if needed at any point. Its another little tool for my mental health toolkit. I'm building that up again slowly and reminding myself what is already in there.

Much love,

Becky xx

No comments: