Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Here We Go Again

One advantage of being a regular in the anxiety club is that over time you learn your craft. I know my tool kit of things that help, I know what doesn't help and I kind of know what's coming next. There's usually powering through and ignoring signs for a while and on a high thinking 'I'm fine' all is under control even though I acknowledge a lots gone on or going on at the time. Then there's the one off major panic attack and a realisation that I've actually been quite overwhelmed for a while and not fully processed a lot of what's got me to this point.

Luckily there's normally an initial teary phase and tiredness a long with a second wind of I'm ok. I can do this. Now this period for me is crucial. I need to remember its a false energy and that the aftermath hasn't happened yet. This is my essentials only and preparation stage for what is inevitably to come next. The wipe out.

But back to prep stage. What have I learnt to do...

1. Speak to my GP- I did that today

2. Let trusted loved ones know what's happening, what to look out for, things I might do and if I need any help right now

3. Avoid alcohol and limit caffeine

4. Stock up on healthier snacks and things I can stomach easily

5. Stock up on hygiene products including a shampoo for sensitive scalps and a soothing cream for my skin as this is a common side effect for me to have sore and irritated skin

6. Simplfy my wardrobe

7. Speak to work

8. Have a tidy around my space

9. Light cleaning and laundry as usual

10. Deactivate any social media (I don't have any any more but this would always be on my list)


There's lots of other little tips and tricks I use during the aftermath stage but that hasn't hit just yet. For now it's prep and rest wherever I can get it and to minimise stress as much as possible.


Much love,

Becky xx

No comments: